How Does the Buy Bixby Program Work?
For Bixby Shoppers:
- Find a participating business.
- Make any purchase, October 22nd through December 7th.
- Get your Buy Bixby ticket(s).
- Repeat steps 1 - 3. No limit!
- Attend the live drawing of the wining tickets on December 8th, or look for the winning ticket numbers online here or Facebook.com/BuyBixby.
- Claim your prize for your winning ticket.
- Enjoy the benefits of a better Bixby year-round, because your sales tax dollars stayed in your community.
For Bixby Businesses:
- Register for the campaign by September 29th. Payment in full must be received by October 1st for guaranteed inclusion in advertising listings.
- Participating merchants/businesses will receive an initial supply of 2,000 tickets free. Additional tickets can be purchased if you need more before the campaign ends. Gum Drop sponsor level businesses can receive additional rolls of tickets for free, simply contact us.
- Businesses issue a minimum of one ticket to each customer (rules for ticket distribution per purchase are at each business' discretion, but must be applied to all customers at that business during the program period). Maximum of 100 tickets per purchase. Persons must be 18 or older to participate and win.
- On December 8th, all the unsold tickets must be returned to the Bixby Metro Chamber office before noon. At 8:00 p.m. the winning number will be announced. Winner need not be present to win. The winning ticket holder will have three business days to claim the money or a second number will be drawn. The winning ticket number and the name of the business that distributed the ticket will be released to the local press, listed here and Facebook.com/BuyBixby.
- How will this help my business?
- Thousands of dollars will be spent in advertising this campaign, including print ads, direct mail, posters, social media and other venues. The power of collaborative advertising means that you get high value marketing for the nominal cost of sponsorship. Customers trying to win money will frequent participating businesses – this increases traffic to your store which then gives you the opportunity to sell to them.
- How will this help my community?
- The Bixby business community will be highlighted, while featuring a variety of merchants, products and services. The increase in sales tax collections helps the City be able to provide necessary services to the business and residential community.
- Who can participate as merchants?
- The Buy Bixby campaign is open to any business within the City of Bixby corporate limits. While the campaign will be primarily focused on retail and dining merchants, non-sales tax generating businesses are also encouraged to participate and may find creative ways to include their services and customers in promotions.
- How do I distribute tickets?
- Businesses issue a minimum of one ticket to each customer (distribution is at each businesses discretion). Maximum of 100 tickets per purchase. Persons must be 18 or older to participate and win.
- Can I win from the tickets from my business?
- You and your employees are NOT eligible to win on your own business' tickets. However, you and your employees can win by shopping at other participating businesses.
- How do I get more tickets to distribute?
- Email KellenD@bixbychamber.com to request additional rolls of 2,000 tickets at sponsorship level value.